Nowadays, typical digital audio workstations employ floating-point internal precision. However, for distribution media like CD or streaming, we still need to convert our masters to 16 or 24 bit integer formats. These conversion easily introduces sound degradation caused by re-quantization errors. Dithering is a technique to suppress requantization errors on bit depth reduction by adding slickly crafted random signal.
Sakura Dither is a dithering plugin. It works on the final slot of mastering effect chain, converts input floating-point signal to output 8/16/24 bit integer signal. With well-tuned four types of dither characters, you can add a final touch to your masters.
- Output bit depth: 8bit / 16bit / 24bit
- Premium four dither types, tuned by master-class audio engineer.
- Type 1: Natural / Transparent
- Type 2: Open / Wide
- Type 3: Warm / Slight de-essor feelings
- Type 4: Electronic / Enhancement
- Auto-Black process mutes signal when input signal is enough low.
- Input and output bit depth meter.
- Windows 7 - 10 (32bit/64bit)
- OS X 10.9.5 - 10.13 (64bit only)
Intel x86/x64 compatible CPU
SSE3 extension is required.
- Audio Unit
- Supports 44.1k - 192kHz Sample Rate
- 64-bit Floating-point Internal Precision
- Latency Compensation
- Factory Preset
- A/B Comparison
- Reset to Default